Rwanda has a population of approximately 11.3 million people which is dominated by young people with a median age of 19 years and a population growth rate of 2.6%. The GDP of the economy is 4,685 Billion Rwanda Francs (at constant 2011 prices) with an average growth rate of 7.12% over the last 5 years.
What we do
The Labour market information system provides quantitative and the qualitative information and intelligence on the labour market that can assist labour market agents in making informed plans, choices, and decisions related to their business requirements, career planning, education and training offerings, job search, recruitment, labour policies and workforce investment strategies.
Importance of LMIS to the government
LMIS assists the Government of Rwanda by:
• Providing active labour market policies concerning closing the skills gap;
• Evaluating results of labour related policies and programs;
• Providing key indicators on demand and supply labour in Rwanda.
Importance of LMIS to the employees or job seekers
LMIS assists employees or job seekers to:
• Make decisions about their future career development by providing information on the needs of the labour market;
• Identify current and future job market opportunities;
• Provide analysis of the labour market based on the economic development of Rwanda.
Importance of LMIS to education providers
• Helps education providers align course provision with labour market needs through the analysis of labour market trends;
Importance of LMIS to employers or investors
LMIS assists employers to:
• Make decisions about upgrading their employees’ skills;
• Access information on skills available on the labour market;
• Access information on different labour characteristics such as labour policies, labour costs, ..