Rwanda has a population of approximately 11.3 million people which is dominated by young people with a median age of 19 years and a population growth rate of 2.6%. The GDP of the economy is 4,685 Billion Rwanda Francs (at constant 2011 prices) with an average growth rate of 7.12% over the last 5 years.
- Start-up toolkits loan facility for TVET and short term vocational training graduates (up to 50% grant and collateral by BDF)
- Start-up SMES Coaching and Promotion through proximity business advisory services (BDAs, 2 persons per Sector) facilitated by a subsidized voucher scheme up to 70%
- MSMEs access to finance through supporting start-ups and growing MSMEs in collaterals/guarantees, grant schemes, leasing, and quasi equity.
- BDF District Kora Wigire Centers provide specialized advisory business development services and partner with Participating Financial Institutions to deliver access to finance products
- SACCOs refinancing to enhance their lending capacity
-Integrated Crafts Production Centers (ICPCs) supported to acquire equipment and skills upgrading
- Community Processing Centers (CPCs)-URUGANDA IWACU (equipment and technology)